This past week, Evri for iPad users have been reading about Trayvon Martin’s death, the race to the White House, Charles Manson’s parole hearing and more. Here are the top 5 topics viewed between April 2 and April 9, 2012:
- Trayvon Martin – The Florida prosecutor in the case of the murdered teen ruled out using a grand jury, and the accused killer invoked “shaken baby syndrome” in his defense.
- Mega-Millions – While a Maryland woman publicly claimed to have lost her winning ticket, a confirmed winner from Kansas chose to remain anonymous.
- Obama Campaign – Senator Chuck Grassley called the president “stupid” on Twitter, after he agreed with Grassley’s remarks about activist judges.
- Charles Manson – Manson, now 77, was given a new chance for parole, but he said he won’t attend the parole hearing.
- Miss Universe – Transgender Canadian beauty queen Jenna Talackova was disqualified and then reinstated to the Miss Universe Canada competition, with best wishes from Donald Trump.