This past week, Evri for iPad users have been reading about GOP primaries, rising oil and gas prices, homeless hotspots in Austin, and more. Here are the top 5 topics viewed between March 12 and March 19, 2012:
- GOP Primaries – Romney won delegates in the US territories, as rumors of a Gingrich-Santorum ticket confounded predictions of a clear frontrunner and focus shifted to Illinois.
- Oil price – As prices at the pump crept toward five dollars a gallon, the rising price of oil cast a shadow on Obama‘s re-election hopes.
- Taliban – Efforts to initiate talks in Afghanistan failed as Karzai issued firm warnings to NATO forces after a US Army officer was accused of a civilian massacre.
- Homeless Hotspots – Ad agency BBH stirred controversy by turning homeless people into human 4G hotspots for Austin‘s South by Southwest conference.
- Prince Harry – The British Army banned the young royal from pubs after excessive partying, and Harry spoke out about his trouble finding love.