This past week, Evri for iPad users have been reading about the Costa Concordia tragedy, EU struggles, Megaupload crackdown, and Apple’s big education announcement. Here are the top 5 topics viewed between Januray 16 and January 23, 2012:
- Costa Concordia – The Carnival cruise ship ran aground and capsized off of Italy‘s coast, leaving at least 13 passengers dead and the ship’s captain on house arrest.
- European Union – Amid ongoing financial woes, the EU prepared to enact an oil embargo against Iran, as Croatia voted to become a member state.
- Megaupload – The file-sharing site was taken down by the FBI for copyright infringement, and the company’s founder Kim Dotcom was held for questioning.
- Apple Education announcement – Apple announced iBooks 2, software designed specifically for textbooks and classroom tools on the iPad.
- Stephen Colbert – The Comedy Central news show host publicized questionable Super PAC campaign funding practices through a fake presidential run in South Carolina and a rally with former candidate Herman Cain.