The Evri API gives you programmatic access to Evri’s rich mapping of the entity web, or the web of people, places and things connected to one another via language itself. The Evri API exposes portions of Evri’s deep NLP based technology as well as Evri’s extensive knowledgebase of information about entities. For more on Evri’s technology, please see the tech talk pages on the Evri blog. Most functionality seen on www.evri.com as well as that exposed via Evri widgets is based on the Evri API.
- Entities located in an article or body of text
- Popular entities on the entity web broken down by various categories like politician, actor or film.
- Structured information about an entity including things like birth date, death date, universities attended, children, etc.
- How entities are related including the news, blog, or web language that links them on the entity web
- How entities or combinations of entities are related to documents, images and video found on the web
- Media recommendations for entities, or combinations of entities, based on a specific news, blog, or web article mention.
Here are some example questions which the Evri API can help answer:
- Who is popular on the Internet right now? Or more specifically, which actors, politicians, products, or films are popular right now?
- Who is Barack Obama being welcomed by? Who is Obama being criticized by?
- How can I find related articles, images, or videos to the article I am reading?
- What is the relationship between Google and Yahoo right now?
- What actions is AC/DC performing?
- Who is Microsoft acquiring?
The Evri API is currently in an early preview stage. Only a small portion of our extensive knowledgebase and NLP based text analysis and search infrastructure is currently exposed. We are committed to exposing more and more of our powerful entity web platform over time; this preview release is the first step.
To get started, please see the complete Evri API documentation available at: www.evri.com/developer/index.html. Have fun, and please use the Evri API Group to ask questions and find answers about the Evri API. We will respond to your questions as promptly as we can.